The Office of the State Minister on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration
Main functions of the office are implementation of coordination and monitoring of activities of the executive branch of the Government of Georgia on European and Euro-Atlantic integration.
NATO Integration Coordination:
• Elaboration and coordination of implementation of Annual National Program;
• Cooperation with NATO under the framework of NATO-Georgia Commission;
• Informing NATO member states about the events in Georgia;
• Assisting with NATO information center activities.
EU Integration Coordination:
• Coordination and monitoring of the European Neighborhood Policy action plan implementation;
• Assistance to the cooperation on the EU initiative “Eastern Partnership”;
• Coordination of the EU assistance and programs.
NATO Integration Coordination Department main functions:
• Coordination and monitoring of the Government’s executive branch activities with regard to Euro-Atlantic integration;
• Coordination and monitoring of the Annual National Program implementation;
• Executing secretarial functions for the state commissions on Euro-Atlantic integration;
• Cooperation with the respective offices of the leading nations of the world in the process of Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic integration;
• Studying and analyzing the experience of the Eastern European and new member states;
• Cooperation with international and non-governmental and scientific-research centers with the goal of public information.
European Integration coordination Department main functions:
• Coordination of activities on the European integration of the Government of Georgia, Ministries and other state agencies;
• Assistance to approximation of Georgian legislation to the legislation of the EU;
• Executing functions of the secretariat of the state commission on Georgia’s European integration;
• Coordination of implementation of Georgia-EU action plan within the scope of the EU Neighborhood Policy;
• Coordination of Georgia’s participation in the EU initiative “Eastern Partnership”;
• Coordination of issues related with the “Partnership for Mobility”;
• Assistance to approximation of Georgia and EU political, business and non-governmental circles.
EU Programmes Coordinating Department functions:
• Coordination with EU and line ministries the process of preparation and follow-up of international agreements and other regulatory documents related to EU funded programmes and projects, as well as National and Regional Indicative programmes and Annual Action Plans;
• Supervising and regular updating of a complete data base of ongoing and planned EU assistance programmes and projects.
• Organization of regular presentations of ongoing EU projects for the State Minister on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration and as a result monitoring of the EU projects implementation.
• Providing beneficiary institutions with practical assistance regarding guidelines, rules and procedures for the access and management of the EU programme and support them in drafting project proposals, project fiches, terms of reference, monitoring reports and other documents associated with EU aid modalities;
Administration main functions are communication support of the Minister and Deputy Ministers, organizing their meetings, managing correspondence, classified correspondence, preparing and processing Ministerial decrees, managing human resources, coordination of the process of preparation of information, analytical and speech material for Ministers and Deputy Ministers, control over implementation of tasking issued by Ministers and Deputy Ministers.
The office conducts dissemination of information concerning the integration process and public information on European and Euro-Atlantic integration by means of mass media, including the global media:
- Highlighting the course of Euro-Atlantic integration process intensively;
- Cooperation with representatives of mass media, non-governmental sector and academia, which in itself, includes:
- Organizing trainings for journalists;
- Organizing conferences, discussions, seminars and round table talks for media, government and non-governmental sector;
- Organizing lectures, seminars and competitions about the EU and NATO affairs at the educational establishments:
- Assisting to functioning of the NATO information center;
- Organizing cooperation and meetings with public advisory councils under the Office of State Minister on EU and NATO affairs;
- Information support to the European digest;
- Functioning of the web-page of the Office.
The office also serves as a State coordination Commission Secretariat for NATO and EU integration.
NATO integration coordination, European integration coordination, EU program coordination and public affairs departments have been formed in the NATO in order to execute these functions.